The Museum of Connecticut History access is always free and open to visitors Monday – Friday from 10am – 4pm. Masks are strongly encouraged in the Library and Museum.
At the Museum of Connecticut History, you’ll find exhibits that trace the growth of the State and its role in the development of the nation. The Museum focuses on Connecticut’s government, industrial and military history.
To learn more about Museum collections & exhibits, follow the links in our “Spotlight on Exhibits“.
There is a new temporary exhibit to view called – Freedom: A History of US
You may also want to check out these special resources related to the Museum, programs and exhibits:
- Connecticut Invents! – a program offered by the Museum’s Education Department
- A Connecticut Sampler-a new education program offered by the Museum’s Education Department
- Scavenger Hunt [Updated October 2021]
- Fun Facts about the Museum
- Link to Museum of Connecticut History Brochure is a PDF document
- Colt Firearms Research Resources (Finding Aid)
- Connecticut Patents
The Museum of Connecticut History is a part of the Connecticut State Library.