Museum Curator 2
The State of Connecticut, Connecticut State Library (CSL), is currently accepting applications for the position of Museum Curator 2, within the Museum of Connecticut History, in Hartford, CT. The Museum of Connecticut History has been collecting, exhibiting, and interpreting objects related to Connecticut’s political, industrial, and military history since 1910. Permanent and changing exhibits trace the growth of the State and its role in the development of the nation from the Colonial era to the present.
As the expert on the museum’s collections, Museum Curator 2 is responsible for identifying objects appropriate for acquisition and maintaining loans with other museums. Museum Curator 2 will be a seasoned professional in the museum and history field who remains conversant on current best practices in the museum field, with particular attention paid to collections care, exhibits, and historical interpretation, and has an in-depth familiarity with the history and context of the collections. Additionally, Museum Curator 2 will be responsible for:
- Organization, storage, and preservation of the museum’s extensive collection of objects
- Responding to inquiries about collections items in a timely, proficient, and courteous manner
- Conducting historical research
- Providing interpretive content
- Planning and implementing exhibits of museum collections
- Maintaining the museum’s collections management database
- Performing related duties as required
This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Salary range is $81,920* – $105,585/year (*new state employees to start at minimum). For more information and to apply (deadline is May 25, 2023), please visit the Museum Curator 2 – State of Connecticut job posting.